|■Results of the Meeting|
|■November 21 (Thu)|
・Address (Ms. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister of the National Capital Territory of Delhi)
・Address (Mr. Shintaro Ishihara, Governor of Tokyo)
|【Implementation Reports of the Joint Project】
・The Organising Cities of the ANMC 21 Joint Projects reported on the current status and the future direction of each project, and the Member Cities exchanged their opinions.
▼Presentations were made by the Organising City of the following 8 Joint Projects
(1) Promotion of Development of a small to medium-sized Jet Passenger Plane (Tokyo）
(2) Asia Distance Learning Project (Delhi・Tokyo）
(3) Asian Arts, Crafts, Cultural and Tourism Network (Delhi）
(4) Asian Performing Arts Festival (Tokyo）
(5) “Welcome to Asia” Campaign (Tokyo）
(6) Asian Cities’ Network for Controlling Vehicle Emissions (Tokyo）
(7) Participation of Women in Society (Delhi・Seoul）
(8) Asian Institute of Urban Development and Management (Kuala Lumpur）
|【Presenatation and Determination of New Joint Projects】
The following two new joint projects were proposed:
(1)Network for Crisis Management (Proposed by Tokyo）
(2)Promotion of Asian Business and Investment Projects (Proposed by Hanoi）
・ After questions and answers, both projects were adopted and the Participating Cities were decided.
|【Policy Dialogue（Air Pollution）】
Representatives of the Member Cities reported on the current status of, and countermeasures against, air pollution, which is a common concern of the Member Cities. There was an ensuing discussion.
|【IT Presentation by Delhi】
・ Mr. Sam Pitroda, Chairman of Worldcom, made a presentation from Chicago by phonovision on the Employment of IT in Disaster Management.
・ It was recommended that the Major Cities establish an original Disaster Management System utilising IT.
|【Determination of the city where the Next Plenary Meeting is to be held】
・It was determined that the next ANMC 21 Plenary Meeting will be held in Hanoi in 2003.
|【Venue Visit to ＡＮＭＣ21 Exhibition (Pragati Maidan)】|
|【Adoption of the Delhi Declaration】
The results of the discussions at the Meeting were incorporated into the Delhi Declaration, which is appended.
|【Joint Press Conference】|
|【Venue Visit to ANMC21 Exhibition, Dilli Haat】|